Friday, October 19, 2012

LB turns 11

Last night LB invited 16 of her closest friends over for an EXTREMELY LOUD party to celebrate her 11th birthday. 





Seriously, air space around our house had to be cleared because of the sonic boom created by the screaming from this crew.









We surprised LB with a moon bounce for the evening. I watched the girls, without cessation, go from moon bounce, to bonfire, to dance party, to moon bounce, to dance party, to moon bounce... you get the picture.

The wax moustaches added a nice touch, I thought.

I hope the 5th grade boys are o.k. with dating hirsute chicks.

Eventually the party moved indoors for pizza and presents and EXTREMELY LOUD conversation.






The sugar in the soda caught up with LB- at one point she was standing on the table opening gifts.











So many presents, so many tchotchkes. Of course, LB immediately gravitated to the statement pieces.


A clown nose is always appropriate, in all situations.



The party lasted much longer than its scheduled 3 hours. The last straggler grabbed her goody bag and headed out the door near the end of hour five.

The whole evening left me feeling decidedly melancholy; the baby of the family is now 11, and time keeps marching forward.

Coach and I cleaned up the detris, not getting to bed until midnight or so. As LB aptly stated "This party was a rager."

A rager. As verified by the state of my face at the close of the evening:






4 comments:

  1. I could see from the outset that this party would last longer than three hours. Happy Birthday to LB. Talk about three, I am now your third follower. I was just too tired this past week to read blogs or do anything much, so I missed out on being your first, but Feral woman is way cool. Thank you so much for your support during my harrowing week with Samson.

    One more thing I recommend you do in order to get more comments: You need to get rid of your Word Verification. This is just something Google has come up with to torture us who like to leave comments. Go to Settings, Posts and Comments, and Word Verification and change the setting to NO. Let me know if you have any problems. You don't need it and I know you probably never see it on most of the blogs. It is a pain in the butt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl,
    Happy Birthdy to your daughter. I think I called her a boy. I am so glad to get on your comments at your blog.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!