Friday, October 5, 2012

Decluttering my Mind

I have what may be the Mother of all junk drawers in my kitchen. Accordng to my husband the drawer contains 99% crap, and 1%, well, crap. 9 out of 10 of the pens pictured below are completely out of ink.




Items in this drawer are diverse. From tampons to fishing tackle, the Dunigan junk drawer has it all.

While my husband hates to open this drawer, I find great joy in it's contents. Each item alone might be relatively useless (ok, broken), but taken together, who knows?! The sky's the limit. Use enough ingenuity and the possibility of a nuclear bomb suddenly becomes a reality. I actually think there is a H+ atom or two lurking under the used tissues.

My mind is much like this drawer. Chock full of random items arranged in a haphazard fashion. But each day as I quiet my mind for even a few minutes, I find some of these items come together and form some pretty great ideas.

Today's idea is that I need to clean my junk drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!